Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELLO KITTY!!!


When I was a kid my grandma worked at the Broadway, which is what Macy's is now. That was my first exposure to Hello Kitty. They had a Sanrio stand in the juniors department and because of that I had Hello Kitty in my life for as long as I can remember.

Later after Grandma Awesome retired, Hello Kitty migrated to Long's Drug stores and eventually to her own (now defunct) store in the same mall where the Broadway was. I pretty much own Hello Kitty everything and I owe my friendship with this feline all to my Grandma. Much like my tuna recipe, my love for going to the "drug store" for fun and probably my love for Avila Beach.

My Awesome Mama D wants to take me to this: Hello Kitty 3 Apples. I might die of happy. I'm just sayin'...


Happy Birthday Kitty! I know you're not real (hello, I'm 30!) but thank you for always being a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment