Saturday, October 9, 2010

nights

Last night Ben and I went to Chronic Tacos and then for drinks at the Bear and the Banshee with our friend Sarah.

This is us at the Bear

The funny thing about pictures of me, I rarely smile even when I'm having a great time. And last night was one of those great times. We were very silly, wandering downtown Chico, laughing at random stuff. It was good.

Sometimes things being simple is really awesome. Life got a little complicated back in San Luis Obispo at the end. Nothing I wouldn't have worked out and nothing I didn't work out but sometimes it feels like I was supposed to come here. Maybe for work. Maybe to save a friendship that could've gone really wrong if I hadn't made the jump. Maybe to help someone find the person they were supposed to be with. I never know why. But it's pretty good here most of the time, when people aren't trying to blow up my apartment or I'm not thinking of making the cat get a job.

Now if only my maid would show up and clean my damn house...when you work 10 hours a day, five days a week, you really don't usually feel like cleaning house on your day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment