Wednesday, August 11, 2010

sleepless in chico

True facts- I am a very tired girl.

Going back to working mornings (and yeah I mean I get up at 5:30 every day, I'm not whining about having to be at the office by 9 or anything, I am out my door most days by 6:30) after years of being on a regular 9-5 schedule or especially after my year at Radio Central Coast where I basically had to show up sometime before I went on the air at 2pm? It's a sleep shock.

It also seems that no matter how early I go to bed, I do not get enough sleep. I am either unable to sleep through the night consistantly or can't fall asleep. When I can't fall asleep I just get up. I mean laying in bed when you can't sleep is pointless as all get out anyway, so I get up, which I understand may not be the best thing to do.

Believe me it's not because I'm not exhausted either. Every day I work ALOT and I am usually drained by the time I drag through my front door. But without fail I'll perk up again at 8pm and won't be able to fall asleep until Midnight most nights. It's just how my body clock rolls. And the thing is I have no problem waking up and getting out the door either. It's just about the second hour of my show in the mornings the yawning so hard that tears are coming out of my eyes kicks up and all that make up I put on at 5:30 is on my shirt collar and I might as well have slept in.

I think a lot of it has to do with my bed or the futon as it were. It's hella more comfortable than the floor, do doubt, but it's still not an actual bed. I think this situation is getting rectified soon though so I'm not gonna trip. Hopefully a comfy bed will fix this sleep problem because yawning my way through the first few hours of my show isn't good radio.

I need to recreate whatever magical sleeping magic came down to me on Saturday night. I think I slept in on Sunday until almost 10. NO joke. That's so rare these days, if it were a steak, it'd still be up walking around and mooing.

No comments:

Post a Comment