Thursday, August 5, 2010

Run this town...

This song came out about a year ago.



About a year ago I worked somewhere that played this song constantly. It's one of the first songs I remember really liking that we played. Every time I hear it I think of how weird it was to go back into the business after a year off. And how alien it was to go back into it, in a format I hadn't done in over 10 years.

I remember one night driving down the 101 to meet Teresa at a party because I was going to DJ a wedding for some friends of her parents that weekend, I was hustlin' pretty hard there for cash at that time. I was listening to our station, because I fell in love with it after about five minutes and I remember hearing this song. It might have been September by that point, and feeling kind of excited... I can't explain it but even then, I knew that going to work in that building was just the start of the next phase, that something was on it's way for me. And maybe it was going to be in SLO, maybe something else would come along, but thanks to a few people who constantly had my back, especially then when everything was new and scary, I knew things were going to get better.

It's funny because here I am in a new situation again. And those same people? Man they have my back still and regularly talk me off of whatever mental ledge I throw myself on. And some of them, I've known forever and some of them I wouldn't know on sight a year ago but now I can't imagine not knowing them and having them in the familia as it were...

This song sounds best cranked up loud in a car, windows down,driving. Doesn't matter where you're going... you'll get there baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment