Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 30 – One last moment, in great detail

(playing catch up, and finishing this meme. I went to Taste of Chico with Jeremy and Adele on Sunday and didn't finish this on time. Sue me.)

It was the exact moment I knew I was going to quit my job in San Luis Obispo. I'd gotten off the phone with someone who's advice I wanted. I was scared. I was shaking. I was excited. I walked back into my old boss's office to tell him that after a week of stressing and crying all over the place, I was taking the job and that I was going to leave. It was hard for me to look Jojo in the face and quit, to be honest. When he hired me less than a year before that moment, he changed my whole life again by getting me back into radio and giving me a home for a little while at that radio station. The minute I walked into the SLO studios on Buckley and met this kid, I met my brother I never knew I had. My radio bizarro me. I walked in for an interview and thought I was meeting a future boss and really I ended up meeting one of my most cherished friends.

So there I was, full of nerves and sad and excited, not knowing if I wanted to cry or throw up but I told him. And he smiled and was happy for me, even if he gave me a hard time and still does give me a hard time about "abandoning" them. But that moment right before I said what I needed to say... I don't think I've ever felt such a weird mix of emotions and yet the next moment once it was out of my mouth, I was positively giddy. I had done something I always wanted to do, and because of the love and support of the people at my last job and my family and most of my friends, I had done it.

I am doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment