Monday, February 22, 2010

24 and 23

So I failed at life yesterday and didn't post a video, which is good news for you actually because you get TWO today. Amazing, right? Isn't life grand?

Frankly I need to get my Irish music on right now as I am in the planning stages of my annual party, which let me say, never sucks.

Okay on with the music. Number 24 comes to us mostly from Boston, MA. The Lost City Angels music was introduced to me through a former roommate who I miss so much, but she's back on that side of the country. Anyway we had this epic adventure that kicked off with seeing Social Distortion on St Patrick's Day one year, that lead us to see these guys in Anaheim after seeing Flogging Molly the night before. Trust me it was a long weekend and I still am legally advised not to get into details. The point is that I saw these guys about 13 or 14 times over the next year and gave them a place to crash when they came through SLO with Guttermouth. While not all the boys in this band are of Irish heritage like myself, they make Boston styled punk rock about drinking and fighting and I think girls. Also they made a mean cocktail and fantastic asparagus.

24: Lost City Angels - "Broken World" (really poor audio quality, which sucks because this song is hot.)



In the same spirit (and another band I met because of LCA, ha ha) number 23 comes to us from the Dropkick Murphys. I love this band. And I can honestly tell you they're very cool guys in person. I have a feeling we'll be hearing from them again on this little countdown of mine.

23: Dropkick Murphys - "Heroes of our Past"



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment